About the Role
Jaci Carroll Staffing is currently recruiting for a Shipping & Receiving Manager position in the Thomaston area for 1st shift. The hours will be Monday through Friday from 7:00-3:30pm with a pay of $22.26/HR. This is a temp-to-hire position.
Performs order fulfillment and warehouse functions such as shipping, receiving, stocking and inventory of materials to ensure that company warehousing and all customer needs are met. Supports Production and Customer Service Representative by obtaining, analyzing, and verifying shipment accuracy in a timely manner. Initiates and implements corrective action as needed to maintain a high level of customer service and excellent service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Verifies items received by inspecting condition of items, comparing count measure of items to purchase order, and packing list noting discrepancies.
· Documents items received by recording identifying information.
· Transfers orders received by routing or delivering items to requesting department.
· Replaces damaged items and shortages or obtains credit by informing shipper and transporter of damage or shortage, returning damaged items, requesting new items or credit for shortages.
· Receives credit-return materials from production by verifying identifying information and quantity of materials, placing materials in inventory.
· Prepares shipments by assembling, packing, protecting, and labeling containers.
· Determines method of shipment by examining items to be shipped, destination, route, rate, and time of shipment.
· Ships items by verifying identifying information and quantity and condition of items, loading, and protecting items.
· Documents items shipped by recording identifying information of items and transport information.
· Maintains shipping and receiving materials by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed materials, placing, and expediting orders for materials, verifying receipt of materials.
· Coordinates with Customer Service Representative to communicate shipping notices and updates as required.
· Champions effective employee relations and communications while maintaining positive employee engagement.
Skills and Specifications:
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
· Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
· College Degree preferred.
· 2+ years shipping & receiving or materials handling experience.
· Supervisory or Managerial experience preferred.
· Forklift experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you have any questions, feel free to call our office and speak to one of our coordinators at 203-574-4838.
About the Company
Jaci Carroll Staffing: Providing short term and long term positions to thousands in the Waterbury and Torrington areas since 1976.