| Waterbury Branch, Connecticut |
CNC Machinist |
Immediate position available in the Waterbury area for an experienced CNC machinist on 2nd shift.
Primary functions are to set-up and operate Citizen CNC Swiss Screw Machines in a safe and orderly manner while maximizing production output using cost effective methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works under the general direction of the department supervisor with a minimum of supervision.
* Must be able to make changes to machine offsets and/or perform minor program editing to maintain dimensional accuracy.
* Monitor and document part quality for self in CNC department, including first part, and in process inspection using tools, gages, and methods provided.
* Maintain records of settings for CNC part programs and processes within the scope of department.
* Perform and document scheduled periodic maintenance and general keep up of machines in accordance with manufactures and HKMS recommendations.
* Review drawings, tool sheets, routings and specifications for accuracy and manufacturability.
* Transfer materials and parts from one location to another via, self, hand truck or cart.
* Document material usage on work orders and minimize scrap.
* May be required to perform duties in other areas such as program, maintenance, inspect, debur, tapping, cutting, press work, etc.
* Must keep work area neat, and hazard free.
* Follow all safety procedures and quality standards.
*Must possess basic tools and storage for issued and personal tools and instruments.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* High school diploma or equivalent, trade school cert/apprenticeship in metal working and a minimum of 5 years experience as a screw machine operator/ set-up person or machinist.
* ISO 9000 experience a plus.
* Must be able to read and comprehend complex measuring equipment, drawings and related symbols.
* Basic and advanced shop math required.
* Must have basic computer skills, PC based systems, JD Edwards a plus.
* Must have good communication and interactive skills.
* Ability to lift over 5 pounds and up to 20 pounds.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time.
* Citizen programming a plus.
If qualified please contact us today for more information on this position.
Phone: (203) 574-4838
Fax: (203) 756-9772