About the Role
Jaci Carroll is seeking someone for a shipping and receiving clerk position $20-22/hr full time Monday Friday 1st shift. Position verifies, keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essentials functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
· Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit
· Maintains inventory of shipping materials supplies
· Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
· Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base
· Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to Quality Assurance
· Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
· Process UPS & FedEx shipments to customers and vendors
· Prepares palletized shipments to company specifications
· Some light driving duties
· Experience booking shipments with common carrier as well as UPS and FedEx are a plus
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
· Organizational Skills
· Computer Proficiency
· Technical Capacity
· Time management
· Communication Proficiency
· Forklift experience
Please feel free to call our office at 2035744838 if you have any questions and are interested.
About the Company
Jaci Carroll Staffing: Providing short term and long-term positions to thousands in the Waterbury and Torrington area since 1976